Sunday, January 30, 2005

Friday Night Out

I began writing this yesterday & then gave the computer up so Eric could prepare...then POOF! Gone. So I am starting again...

Friday night Eric and I got to leave around 4 p.m. to check into our hotel in Vadnais Heights. The general manager of the hotel is the mother of a friend from church, and she gave us a spectacular deal on a jacuzzi suite!! So we checked in, had a chance to relax for a little while, and then we got dressed up to go to Stillwater (on the St. Croix) where we joined about 11 other church planting couples from the Minn. Bapt. Gen. Conference (Grace) for a four-hour five-course meal and 3.5 hour train ride on the Minnesota Zephyr. It was elegant and enjoyable, though after sitting in the same spot for that long, Eric was really ready to leave at the end.

For those who care: the meal was shrimp cocktail, rolls, wild rice soup, salad, and there was a choice, but Eric and I selected prime rib. The one drawback: they had no A1 steak sauce. Bummer. Dessert was mammoth-sized pieces of cheesecake.

We slept till 9:15 on Saturday & after lunch at Chipotle (Mexican version of Subway), headed home & right back to work!

Church--148 today, baptized 4, did communion for the first time in the service. I missed most of it because Aidan has been sick, so I didn't put him in the nursery. Consequently, he and I spent the service in the hall and lobby--listening to part of the service on the speaker we have in the lobby. I sneaked in the "tunnel" to see the baptisms. It was soooo neat! People shared their stories of how they've recently come to Christ, and Eric baptized them. We were lent a portable hot tub that they filled by hose and bucket.

Well I'm off for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home