Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

Well, I spoke too soon about the whole "my sunburn doesn't hurt too bad" thing. We're on, what, day 4 now? And I'm still limited as to what I can wear on my upper half. Give me a couple of days & I'll be leaving a trail of skin wherever I walk.

It's peaceful here right now... The children are bonding over a Disney video before bed, and Eric is at Celebrate Recovery. I expect him home earlier than usual tonight, as the leadership there is becoming quite competent... Eric is needed to do some of the speaking, but the rest of the leaders there are capable of doing everything else. This program has been totally God... I know I've said it before, but I'm just so amazed at how He surrounded us with people (recovering addicts) who have a passion to help others like themselves... We would never have guessed that we'd have a ministry such as this--and really, we don't. THEY do. These wonderful 8-10 people who are so passionate...they simply wouldn't let us NOT do this. Wow... it's so neat to watch God work.

Speaking of work, Tim Olson (our friend, church elder, and electrician) worked on our new office some more today. Slowly but surely it's coming together... and believe it or not, we don't even miss that storage area in the garage. It's incentive to keep getting rid of stuff, and, hey, if you have to STORE it, do you really NEED it????? "Don't store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths & rust (& mold) destroy..." As my dad says, "It's all gonna burn anyway..."

Speaking of my parents, it's my mom's 49th birthday today! Woooo hoooo! I told her she's getting old. She told me she was only 47 a year ago yesterday. I told her she'll be 50 a year from today. :-)

Tomorrow is Holland & Aidan's last day of "school." Aidan will return to Leaps 'n' Bounds in the fall for 2-3 days/week, but Holland will join Braden at Kaleidoscope Charter School for all-day-every-day kindergarten in the fall. I'm considering hiring a nanny of sorts for June-August, to help out around here with H & A on days that I need to work. Having Britney here 4 days/week in the office has absolutely saved my sanity. She's FABULOUS!!! And we're never going to let her leave us. (Said selfishly, only half-jokingly...) :-)

We're due for a thunderstorm, I think! How exciting!

God Bless!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

wow that whole sunburn thing sounds terrible. I've never had any though. Mu ha ha ha.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home