Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Almost Done!

The basement is looking GREAT!! Eric installed a door to the well pump room last night, where previously there was a warped piece of brown paneling screwed over the opening. YES, MY ERIC did that! Impressed? You should be. I know I am. :-) He's getting soooo good at these home improvement projects. Granted, the basement DOES look like a couple of amateurs installed the wainscoting, chair rail and molding along the floor and ceiling, but it was done by a couple of amateurs who are pretty proud of themselves! Today I'm doing paint touch ups, and covering the mud from some hole-filling Eric did last night. Then we're going to get that room cleaned up & start decorating the walls, etc. I have to (gulp) get out my sewing machine, replace the needle, and sew my curtains. They're red toile, and look fabulous against the blue walls (upper) and white wainscoting (lower).

Braden & I hit the thrift store yesterday & I found a chenille bedspread for $10, which makes a comfy throw over "Aunt Bertha's Chair".

We were going to move the ping pong table out of the basement and into the garage (brrrr) today, but we woke up this am. to about 6 inches of snow. Maybe not a good day to haul that amazingly heavy thing outside & up the hill. I'm hosting a ping pong tournament on Sunday at our Super Bowl party with our small group. So Eric said he'd heat the garage for us to play in there. Hmmm.

Dance class today... Braden's back to school... life is inching its way back to normal. Tomorrow it's back to business!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home